Friday, October 5, 2012

Neon Cloud Stickers



It’s been a busy Friday.  This week we got behind on a lot of cleaning around the house and I’ve been trying to make up for it all day.  Usually, I don’t enjoy cleaning, but today I was in one of those moods where all the little things were jumping out at me like the drapes that needed washing and the spring coasters that are out of season.  I did manage to squeeze in a little creative time this afternoon to try making some stickers.


This is a project I’ve been thinking about for a while, but I never have the time to dedicate to it.  While I was cleaning up some paper scraps I started playing around with layering different colors and patterns and decided today I would give the stickers a try.
I cut out some little cloud shapes from neon paper scraps and tore apart a few used envelopes.  I affixed the security paper from the envelopes to some self-adhesive laminating sheets using spray adhesive.  After those dried I applied the neon clouds the same way.


I’m still not sure how I want to cut them out yet, but I’m happy with the results so far.  The security paper patterns really make the neon colors pop.  It gives the clouds a kind of levitating effect that is pretty cool.  On the down side, I now have spray adhesive all over the front steps of the house and will have to try to scrub it off the cement.  The price of crafting!

Have a lovely and productive weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get in on the conversation!