Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Crafting


I’m so glad it’s almost Easter, and I’m thrilled that it’s finally starting to feel like Spring outside.  For a minute there I was worried we might have snow on Easter.  Today I spent some time working on a few decorations for Sunday.
 


I made these little treat bags using paper shopping bags, old envelopes and washi tape.  They were really simple to make.  I created the pattern by taking apart a paper trinket bag and tracing it onto some cardstock.  Later this week they will get stuffed with tissue paper, plastic grass and candy.  I can’t wait to hand them out to my family.

In addition to those, I made some pom poms that I plan to string together for garland.  This was my first time making them.  I always see them on my Pinterest feed and being incorporated into all sorts of projects, but I never took the time to figure out how to make them.  It was super easy!

Another project I worked on today was a small centerpiece for one of our tables.  It’s a work in progress.  Usually I’m not of fan of artificial décor like fake fruit and flowers, but I actually work with these foam eggs quite a bit.  There’s something about them that appeals to me and blends in with the colors I like to use.  As for the flower, I’m still unsure of how I feel about it, but for now it’s helping me brainstorm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get in on the conversation!